The Big Board - Offensive Line
The offensive line is a huge need for Georgia in 2012. The Bulldogs been able to secure commitments from three offensive linemen thus far but they want to sign at least two more. The main focus will be offensive tackle. The Bulldogs already have Chester Brown and Greg Pyke in the mix as guard, but they only have one commitment, albeit is a big one, at tackle in John Theus.
What is next for the Bulldogs on the offensive line? Check out the latest edition of UGASports.com's recruiting Big Board.
• Avery Young - 6'6" 280 - Palm Beach Gardens, Fla. - Young is one of the most athletic offensive linemen in the last few years. His explosion off the line of scrimmage is rare and he has an excellent frame. The scary thing is that Young is still growing. He will likely be 6'7" by the time he signs in February, and he can easily hold 30-40 more pounds on his frame. The sunshine state lineman really only has one weakness at this point. He needs to learn to play with more body control. He is so quick and explosive that he will often over run his blocks.
Recruiting: Young was scheduled to be in Auburn on October 14 for his first official visit. He is also interested in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU, and Virginia Tech. While he maintains that he doesn't have a leader, many consider Georgia and Florida to be his top two. He plans on giving Georgia an official visit, and until that visit, Florida has the slight edge at the moment. When Georgia gets him on campus after his high school season, expect the Bulldogs to make a big impression on the blue chip tackle, as he is their top priority right now on the offensive line.
• Brandon Hill - 6'6" 345 - Collierville, Tenn. - Hill is an enormous right tackle prospect that is very athletic for a man his size. He could play guard or right tackle at the next level, and he has the ability to be very good. He has raw power and does a good job of playing low despite being so big. He has long arms, big hands, and plays with a solid base. He needs to get quicker and work on his footwork, but he has the raw tools that coaches want in an offensive lineman.
Recruiting: Things have been fairly slow for Hill lately because he is really focusing on the classroom right now. He hasn't been taking calls from coaches for the last few weeks. In our last update, Hill indicated that Mississippi State is his leader, but that he had not talked to schools in the last few weeks. It appears that Hill is one of the top OL left on UGA's board right now, and that they will make a run at him based on his raw tools and versatility. More will be known when the Tennessee native starts to set up official visits.
On The Radar
• Claudyson Calixte - 6'6" 335 - College of the Sequoias C.C. (Visalia, Calif.) - Calixte has been in contact with UGA offensive line coach Will Friend in recent weeks, and it appears that he is one JUCO that the Bulldogs are strongly considering. Calixte has very little football experience as he only started playing as a junior in high school, but he continues to improve every year and looks like a completely different offensive lineman from 2010 to 2011.
• Billy Rone - 6'5", 290 - Marcos De Niza (Tempe, Ariz.) - Rone is another big offensive lineman that the Bulldogs have checked with lately. Rone has the ability to play guard or tackle at the next level, and he possesses excellent athleticism. It is not clear how interested Georgia is at this point as they have only kicked the tires at this stage.
• Charles Siddoway - 6'6" 300 - Butte C.C. (Oroville, CA) - Siddoway is a former University of California offensive lineman who transferred to junior college for more playing time. Siddoway has experience at a BCS school, and has attracted attention from all of the country. Georgia has yet to contact him, but he has made it clear that he will listen if contacted by big time schools. Arkansas has been in contact lately and its likely to be the leader if it offers.
...More... To continue reading this article you must be a member. Sign Up Now!