UCLA's season came to an end on Thursday night, and according to Zach LaVine's father, so did the freshman guard's college career.
Paul LaVine told the the Los Angeles Daily News' Jack Wang that his son will not return to UCLA and will instead declare for the NBA Draft.
"They love him," Paul LaVine said of NBA scouts to Wang. "They're picturing him at 22."
According to ESPN NBA Draft guru Chad Ford, LaVine is the No. 25 player on his top 100 player board, although he has his doubts about him coming out so early.
"LaVine continues to disappoint," Ford wrote of LaVine earlier this week. "There's no question he has the physical tools to be a pro, but his production has been way off lately. He scored a combined three points against both Tulsa and Stephen F. Austin and hasn't made a 3-pointer (his specialty) in the past four games. NBA teams are crossing their fingers that he stays in school at least one more year. He has a future as a pro, but he's so far away right now."
Sophomore point guard Kyle Anderson, meanwhile, is still expected to join LaVine in the NBA next season as well.
Anderson's father, Kyle Sr., told multiple reporters this past month that his son would be done at UCLA after this season, and all signs point to that still being the case as of Friday morning.